When we are under a huge amount of pressure, we tend to forget and miss out on some of the very basic functions of our life. We cope with stress according to our personality types, but in most cases, we deviate from the normal activities of our lives. We find ourselves in situations where we feel stuck, unproductive, and dazed out. Waking up from sleep, brushing our teeth, travelling to another place, even this basic activity of eating, seem tough for us to perform. We even struggle to find out where our stress actually arises, the source, and coping sometimes gets challenging keeping in mind that we aren’t programmed to always be on vacations away from them.
Here, we will be discussing 5 ways of how to figure out and manage such situations, where stress becomes a challenge.
- Make peace – In order to start with the management of stress, we need to prepare our mind to stay calm. It needs training through meditation, yoga and exercise. To note, it is also important in keeping a healthy diet that includes fresh food, very little of sugar, and a lot of liquid. Resting and sleeping well makes our brain function more efficiently when it comes to dealing with stress.2.
- Get hold of the source – If the root of the stressor is addressed, it becomes clear of how to figure out the solution to the problem, that is, defining the stressor is one of the most important, and initial steps. The root itself would, later on, help us in planning for the rest of our stress-solving steps.3.
- Set it a priority – We need to assign points to each of the stressors, determining their worth of considering them in our lives. The ones which are related to important events, need to get sorted out initially, so the lesser important ones could be sorted out later on40
- De-clutter – Organising our rooms, our learning tables, and also our mind would help us better in focusing on the important tasks and materials. This makes us engage in creating better planning for each of the tasks given to us.5.
- Be positive – Sooner or later, stressful events fade and get over. We need to keep in mind that after every storm, there’s sunshine. Therefore, training our mind to be positive while fighting off the battles and challenges, and to be optimistic about the goals, is necessary.
You can see our others blogs by clicking here.
Khadeeja Noor Muna
Intern, Marketing & PR – YSSE