The E-Recruitment, also called as Online Recruitment, is the process of hiring the potential candidates for the vacant job positions, using the electronic resources, particularly the internet. Nowadays, companies make use of the internet to reach a large number of job seekers and hire the best talent for the company at a less cost, as compared to the physical recruitment process.
E-Recruitment includes the entire process of finding the prospective candidates, assessing, interviewing and hiring them, as per the job requirement. Through this, the recruitment is done more effectively and efficiently.
Advantages of E-Recruitment:
- Low cost per candidate, as compared to the physical recruitment process.
- Wide geographical coverage, the candidates can be hired from any part of the world.
- Beneficial for both the employer and the job seeker, the corporations can find the prospective candidates through their CVs attached to world wide web, and similarly, the candidates can search the employer through their job vacancy advertisement posted on the internet.
- Less time required in hiring the potential candidate for the firm.
- Right people for the right job can be easily found through E-Recruitment, by matching the candidate’s CVs with the job profile.
- The recruitment process becomes more efficient and easy to record details of the applicant.
Process of E-Recruitment:
The E-Recruitment software and systems are available, through which the entire recruitment process becomes automated. One of the systems is the Recruitment Management System, which is a portal that involves hiring the candidates online and each step involved in the recruitment process is automatized.
Disadvantages of E-Recruitment:
there are a few disadvantages as well. Here are some of the main disadvantages of using e-recruitment:
- Difficult to measure its efficiency
Not all e-recruitment systems offer an in-depth analysis of your job postings therefore, it can be hard to figure out what is and isn’t working and what you can improve.
- Attracts fraudulent applications
Some competitors may use fraudulent applications to get information about your company or the HR manager.
- Too informal
For executive roles, some companies believe that online job postings, especially on social media, can give off a negative image
Effective recruitment and selection can contribute towards an organization’s success. During the recruitment process, both internal and external sources of employees should be considered. This will increase the probability of organizations attracting a wide range of candidates.
To read more blogs click here.