A newspaper is called the agent of knowledge. Reading newspaper is a good habit that can provide many information. It provides information about politics, economy, entertainment, sports, business, sports and many more news from all over the world. The usefulness of reading newspapers in too much to be described in words. The newspaper is a store-house of knowledge. It is useful to the people of all walks of life. Our students can acquire general knowledge. Teachers can know valuable news and views on the literary works. Businessmen can know the market conditions of their goods. Sportsman can get sports-news and views. Statesmen can get news on political affairs.
Some benefits of reading newspaper:
- It helps us move outside the narrow zone of our personal affairs. It helps us keep adjust ourselves according to the changing times and move with changing times easily.
- Through newspaper we are not only updated with current events of our own country but also that of the world.
- It helps us become well informed. Enabling us to take part in any sort of discussion and debates. It helps in our personality development.
- By reading newspaper we can relate to other people’s views, understand their perspective.
- Newspaper keeps us updated and can provide a great sense of educational value. Not only it gives us information about economy, polity, trade, business, world affairs, international issues, sports, entertainment, but it also enhances our vocabulary and English language skills.