One of the most complicated issues of today’s world has been the management of human health. While we’re passing a tough period to strengthen our battle against Covid-19 by treating & trying to grow up hard immunity, other life threatening health issues along with common hazards aren’t paused uplifting our agonies to a new level. Hospitals & Clinics are being found lack of physicians. So, we need to handle any unwanted situation smartly. Some basic knowledge of primary treatment may help us abating the perilous condition of that particular moment. So, a few tips are being suggested here to help you in this regard:
1. What you could do in times of heart attack:
Cardiovascular disease is the most common and severest one in today’s motionless(physically) life. Lifestyle and eating habits have a broad impact to boost up the risk of this acute attack. If one’s heart has stopped pumping blood through arteries and veins, he/she feels a mild chest pain starting from middle of his chest which gradually permeates through the left side. Besides, sweating, feeling of nausea, pain in arms or shoulders can be the sign of a upcoming heart attack.
What to do:
• If the patient’s heart pauses or stops working, pushing and lifting in the middle of his chest is a must. The patient’s heart should be able to response immediately to the thrusting.
• Need to give oxygen support and pull off his clothes to give him comfort.
• Must be taken to the nearest hospital. But one ought to be dedicated to push the patient’s chest until any medical aid arrives.
2. Stopping excessive bleeding:
Bleeding is a common occurrence we’re often confronted with. Typical tiny to small splitting don’t need any enhanced medication. Our self defence system immediately responses to clot the blood being spilled out. But if the tear is complicated, bleeding may not be stopped.
• Thick gauge or bandage should be applied at the place of bleeding.
• Don’t apply any types of adhesive cotton or cloth.
• Ice can be applied but be cautious of ice burn.
• General antiseptic cream or powder like Savlon / Nebanol helps to reduce the swelling, relieves from pain.
3. Initial to do and not to do’s of fractures:
Every fractures of limbs need to go through X-ray to assess the category and severity before initiating treatment. In order to avoid any further casualties,
• The fractured / hampered limb should be placed still. Nodding must be avoided. Surrounding with frames made by any stiff materials would ensure removing any possibility of moving.
In case of any types of burning:
• Switch off all kitchen or industrial electrical equipment immediately.
• Rinse the burnt place under fresh cold water.
• Washing with cold water is recommended than using ice to avoid any further complication of tissues.
• Use burning ointment to the blisters. (If not found any, use toothpaste instead)
• Don’t use any bandage over the burnt place.
• Take medication if the burning has been severe.
Sprain is the wrench or twist of any organ( twist of tissues and ligaments). We often fall a victim to spraining. Especially with legs while walking. Primary treatment to alleviate pain is to rest the limb and abstain from any types of working with it. Ice therapy is helpful to reduce swelling. Ibuprofen / Naproxen can be taken to get relief from pain.
Palash Deb Ray/ YSSE