“Miles to go before I sleep”- our every-day mood in our busy life of today’s world.
Now-a-days it is indeed quite tough to climb the ladder of success with new ideas, commitments popping up in our minds and so many tasks to get done. We get overwhelmed with so many things and there presents a huge number of distractions with us missing our deadlines, forgetting the important tasks and so on. Most likely, we get up in the morning with a sigh and say, ‘it will be a long day.’ And we easily get anxious and stressed. In this case, interestingly, a to-do list may be a great aid to you as we know, “What gets measured gets managed.”
So, what is this ‘to-do list’? Well, you can say, this list generally includes the daily-life tasks or activities to be completed that may be organized in order of priority and time to define everyday goals and challenges. This list kind of portrays the completed and uncompleted tasks that may help you to be organized and mentally focused.
Now you can argue that the to-do list can reduce your daily life flexibility or you can already remember your tasks so you do not need it. But as you see, Victor Hugo said, “He who every morning plans the transactions of that day and follows that plan carries a thread that will guide him through the labyrinth of the most busy life.” Yes, through this list, you can really get benefitted if you think of it positively.
You can find many reasons why you should have a to-do list. For example,
- A to do list can act as an external memory assist. It can make your day easier by helping you to keep track of your tasks.
- If you have every task in front of your eyes, then your agenda will be clear and you can get productive.
- Your to-do list can become your motivational tool as you can have the precise clarification of your goal.
- To-do list can boost up your positive attitude and can increase your confidence level.
- As you can set this list according to your priorities, you can be able to sync between different podiums
- Furthermore, when you will write the things down on your notepad, it may make you feel relaxed and can make you have control over your actions.
- Besides, you are able to break your big tasks into smaller one in the list and so you can gradually accomplish your tasks and can be highly focused.
- Through this outline, you can analyze your behavior, projects, tasks later and it may bring the smallest things in front of you which you haven’t noticed before.
- Not to mention, this blueprint of your tasks can help you to save your valuable time as you can easily revise your next step from the list.
- Your to-do list may help you to be will-grounded and dependable.
- Last but not the least, you can cross off the activity after completing it. And this will really give you a sense of your accomplishment and can give you a heads-up of your improvement.
Alexis Carrel once said, “The most efficient way to live reasonably is every morning to make a plan of one’s day and every night to examine the results obtained.” And like this, your to do list can really help you from getting distractions from your goals. Moreover, it can thoroughly help you to be a productive and organized person that you want to become. And not to mention, you can have the most desired core-potentiality of the time management.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s keep track of our time and make a to-do list of our own.