The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded year-long programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. As part of the programme, the Westerwelle Foundation hosts an annual conference in Berlin: the Young Founders Conference. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and with the German startup scene.
The participants of the Young Founders Conference will have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers. They will also join a network of like-minded outstanding young founders from developing and emerging economies.
Timeline of the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme
- 16 – 20 October 2018: Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany;
- October 2018 – September 2019: Personal mentoring, peer mentoring (remotely).
Deadline: 25 June 2018
Open to: young founders from developing and emerging economies
Benefits: travel and accommodation will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation
- You have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model;
- your company is based in a developing or emerging country or has a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies;
- you possess a good working knowledge of English.
During the year-long programme, all fellows will get access to:
- The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 16 – 20 October 2018;
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders;
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences;
- An international alumni network;
Travel and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled mentoring calls.
How to Apply?
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit official website.